The Community Development Department has the responsibility of guiding the physical development of the City of Sweet Home through creation and implementation of policies, standards, and regulations designed to help ensure the health, safety, and welfare of our citizens while protecting the rights and privileges of property owners.
1140 12th Avenue
Ph: (541) 367-8113
Fx: (541) 367-5113
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
The Community Development Department has four divisions:
- Planning/Zoning/Land Development
- Building, Construction, Permits, and Inspections
- Parks and Recreation
- Urban Forestry
The Community Development Department administers the following documents and regulations:
The Community Development Department works with the community to create and maintain a safe, clean, and fun City for everyone.
The Community Development Department also:
- Processes applications for Public Hearings
- Review plans for permits
- Issues permits and performs required inspections
- Coordinates economic development activities
- Provides staff support to the Planning Commission, Park Board, Street Tree Commission, and All Hazard Mitigation Planning Committee.
Click here to view the Planning Division 2015 Annual Report